I read somewhere before that if glutinous rice flour is added when making a bread, it will produce bread with a more QQ texture. Since we have run out of bread and I am somewhat addicted to the kaya that I recently made, I decided to give it a try to incorporate glutinous rice flour in my normal Pullman bread recipe. I am so curious to see the difference! Yes, it does produce a slightly more QQ texture.
This time around, I straight away bake the bread in the breadmaker without transferring it out to the Pullman tin to be baked using the conventional oven. I normally don't bake in the breadmaker as I don't like the way how the kneader at the bottom will taint the perfect look of the bread. It wouldn't look picture perfect anymore when you have to pull out the kneader from the bread. But I feel very lazy and that is the only way to bake a bread without needing to be hardworking. If you know what I mean.....
The following is the recipe that I have modified to incorporate the glutinous rice flour:-
QQ Pullman Bread
Ingredients:
190ml full cream milk (chilled)
300g high protein flour
30g glutinous rice flour
25g shortening
30g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
Method:
1. Add in the ingredients based on the order listed and run the breadmaker according to the manufacturer's instruction.
2. Once done, remove from breadmaker to cool on wire rack.
3. Once it cools down, slice the bread and store in air-tight container.


0 love(s):
Post a Comment