It has been quite some time since I last made this kueh. I do not know what is this kueh call. It is quite similar to chai kueh as it also used stir-fried yam bean/jicama as its fillings. However, it does not have translucent skin like chai kueh. I have unsuccessfully went online to try to search for the name of this kueh. This is my childhood favourite and I still love it till today.
I remember during the earlier years, we always get to eat this kueh and also another favourite of mine; chee cheong fun for breakfast during the weekends when my parents went to the Kajang wet market for their weekly shopping. During the later years, my mother would make this kueh at home. When we moved to Klang, we don't get to eat this kueh as much. But we still get to eat chee cheong fun as breakfast almost every weekends.
The main ingredients for its skin is glutinous rice flour. As for the filling, I prefer it to be simpler with just stir-fried julienned yam bean with dried shrimps. Each piece of this kueh is placed on a piece of banana leave and then steamed. Just like mum, I enjoy eating this kueh with chilli sauce. I would cover the whole piece of the kueh with chilli sauce.
This time around, I did not steamed the kueh on banana leaves as I do not happen to have banana leaves on hand. I just heavily oiled the steaming plate so that the kuehs does not stick to the plate.

0 love(s):
Post a Comment