After some groceries shopping during the weekend, I have enough ingredients to make popiah. Yay!!!!
I feel like eating popiah but the traditional type doesn't really sound appealing to me. I was imagining more on something like those seaweed popiah rolls. The fusion type. Yes, those are what I would make but without the seaweed, of course. I have finish up all my seaweed stocks at home during CNY and I haven't replenish them. Thought of making sushi one of these days. So I guess I should quickly go and replenish them.
Back to my popiah rolls. I have bean sprouts which I blanched, julienned carrots, julienned zucchini, iceberg lettuce, 2 types of julienned yam bean; ie raw and the other is stir fried with dried shrimps, bacons, corns, mayonnaise and chilli sauce. I made few rolls without the chilli sauce. Either way, they are equally nice. The girls loved the jumbo popiah rolls. So do hubby.
For me, making food is a form of art. What ever ingredients you want to put in lies with your creativity. You can throw in whatever you like and whatever you think will complement each other. Try experimenting! I always do that and get surprisingly good results.
![]() |
| Without chilli sauce |
![]() |
| With chilli sauce |





0 love(s):
Post a Comment