Friday, May 30, 2014

Dumpling Soup

Yesterday I served dumplings soup during dinner. I got the inspiration to make dumpling the day before from a tv programme. It was a cooking competition between 2 celebrities. Each of them is led by a professional chef. They are required to prepare 3 dishes + 1 soup with 1 designated ingredient in either of the dish. One of them was preparing dumpling soup. I did not really focus on the show so I am not sure what did he used for fillings apart from minced meat. I was shuffling between some articles,  fb and the tv. But I got the idea. The rest is pretty simple. 

For the fillings, I add in minced pork, minced garlic, diced mushrooms and diced carrot, seasoned with Chinese rice wine, pepper, sesame oil, salt, sugar and light soy sauce. I used Gyoza wrapper as the dumpling skin. I stir-fry the leftover fillings to be used as the soup base. To have a clearer soup, I cooked the dumpling separately before adding them to the soup. The verdict? Awesome! The whole family loved it.











0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner