I still have some remaining tangzhong dough in the fridge to use up, so I bake 2 types of bread with it; meat floss buns and a milk loaf. This is actually a sweet buns recipe. I make 2 types of bread from this recipe. I used a muffin pan as a mould for the meat floss buns and a rectangle cake pan for the loaf. This is not the first time, I used muffin pan as mould for my buns. I have used it several time. I think the first time I used it was back in year 2010 or 2011. I like to use muffin pan as it gives me very nicely shaped buns. They look just like cute mushrooms.
This particular recipe that I used is quite similar to the Hokkaido Milk Loaf. It produces very soft buns. However, unlike the Hokkaido Milk Loaf's dough, this dough is quite sticky. I can't imagine how to knead it by hand. I am lucky to own a breadmaker. This breadmaker have done wonders for me since I first have it. I wouldn't trade it for any other thing.
I have quite some gadgets in my kitchen and I am a very proud owner of these gadgets. My life is made easier because of all these gadgets. They are my trusted handy helper. I believe in quality products. Although they might be a bit pricey than the below average products, they really gives you peace of mind. I think more money will be wasted with those below average product as they rarely withstand heavy usage. There is another gadget that I have been eyeing for the longest time and I have not have it. Other brands have come out with similar gadget and they are way cheaper. I am not sure whether they are as good as the ones manufactured by the product innovator itself. I am still waiting for its price to drop down a bit before purchasing. What I have in mind is Philips Airfryer. Hope to become a proud owner of Philips Airfryer soon.
Where am I going with all these gadget-talking... Really out of topic! Haha! Recipe time ....
Sweet Buns Recipe
Ingredients:
125 ml full cream milk
40 g whisked egg
130 g tangzhong dough
75 ml whipping cream
28 g condensed milk
370 g high protein flour
65 g caster sugar
12 g milk powder
5 g salt
6 g instant yeast
35g butter, softened
Mayonnaise
Meat floss
Method:
1. Add all ingredients into the breadmaker based on the order listed above, except for butter.
2. Run breadmaker on dough function according to manufacturer's instructions.
3. Once the ingredients has stick together into a rough ball, add in butter. Let the breadmaker complete its cycle.
4. Grease a 6-hole muffin pans and a 20cm x 10cm x 7cm rectangle cake pan.
5. Transfer the dough onto a greased working surface. Punch down to deflate the dough.
6. Divide the dough so that it is enough to fill up halfway the cake pan and 6 smaller balls for the muffin pan. (I forgot to weigh the doughs as it was getting very late and I was rushing to get it done :-0)
7. Flatten the dough for the cake pan and and roll up Swissroll style. Tuck the sides so that it fit snugly.
8. Roll the remaining 6 doughs into balls and place them in the muffin pan.
9. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
10. Preheat the oven to 165ºC and brush egg wash on the surface of the doughs.
11. Bake the doughs at 165ºC for 15 minutes. Bake at lower tray as it will get brown easily.
12. Remove loaf and buns from pan onto wired rack to cool.
13. Once cool, spread a layer of mayonnaise on top of the buns and sprinkle meat floss. You may use any type of floss; tuna floss, salmon floss, chicken floss, pork floss or any other floss that you like.
This particular recipe that I used is quite similar to the Hokkaido Milk Loaf. It produces very soft buns. However, unlike the Hokkaido Milk Loaf's dough, this dough is quite sticky. I can't imagine how to knead it by hand. I am lucky to own a breadmaker. This breadmaker have done wonders for me since I first have it. I wouldn't trade it for any other thing.
I have quite some gadgets in my kitchen and I am a very proud owner of these gadgets. My life is made easier because of all these gadgets. They are my trusted handy helper. I believe in quality products. Although they might be a bit pricey than the below average products, they really gives you peace of mind. I think more money will be wasted with those below average product as they rarely withstand heavy usage. There is another gadget that I have been eyeing for the longest time and I have not have it. Other brands have come out with similar gadget and they are way cheaper. I am not sure whether they are as good as the ones manufactured by the product innovator itself. I am still waiting for its price to drop down a bit before purchasing. What I have in mind is Philips Airfryer. Hope to become a proud owner of Philips Airfryer soon.
Where am I going with all these gadget-talking... Really out of topic! Haha! Recipe time ....
Sweet Buns Recipe
Ingredients:
125 ml full cream milk
40 g whisked egg
130 g tangzhong dough
75 ml whipping cream
28 g condensed milk
370 g high protein flour
65 g caster sugar
12 g milk powder
5 g salt
6 g instant yeast
35g butter, softened
Mayonnaise
Meat floss
Method:
1. Add all ingredients into the breadmaker based on the order listed above, except for butter.
2. Run breadmaker on dough function according to manufacturer's instructions.
3. Once the ingredients has stick together into a rough ball, add in butter. Let the breadmaker complete its cycle.
4. Grease a 6-hole muffin pans and a 20cm x 10cm x 7cm rectangle cake pan.
5. Transfer the dough onto a greased working surface. Punch down to deflate the dough.
6. Divide the dough so that it is enough to fill up halfway the cake pan and 6 smaller balls for the muffin pan. (I forgot to weigh the doughs as it was getting very late and I was rushing to get it done :-0)
7. Flatten the dough for the cake pan and and roll up Swissroll style. Tuck the sides so that it fit snugly.
8. Roll the remaining 6 doughs into balls and place them in the muffin pan.
9. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
10. Preheat the oven to 165ºC and brush egg wash on the surface of the doughs.
11. Bake the doughs at 165ºC for 15 minutes. Bake at lower tray as it will get brown easily.
12. Remove loaf and buns from pan onto wired rack to cool.
13. Once cool, spread a layer of mayonnaise on top of the buns and sprinkle meat floss. You may use any type of floss; tuna floss, salmon floss, chicken floss, pork floss or any other floss that you like.



0 love(s):
Post a Comment