Tuesday, May 20, 2014

100% Handmade Noodles

I have 3 egg yolks in the fridge which I need to use off. So what I did was I went and google for the way to use up leftover egg yolks. I found several recipes but mostly is dessert-related. Then I found something that tickle my interest;  pasta. According to its notes, egg yolk is used to produce a better texture. Hmmm, this is interesting .... At that moment, what I picture in my head is those cutie shape pasta for children and not the triangle shape pasta as per the recipe's instructions. 

The next day, I went online to look around for other noodles/pasta recipes. This recipe comes highly recommended. However, I wouldn't post the recipe here as I feel that it is not up to the standard that I am looking for. It is not that I do not have my own recipe to work on. All these while, I have been using mum's recipe, which uses whole egg rather than egg yolks. It is just that I am rather curious with the results of this recipe which uses egg yolks. The results? Mum's recipe is by far still the best with its QQ texture. 

What is it with the 100% handmade caption? This is the first time the noodles are 100% handmade from kneading to rolling and cutting without using any equipment to flatten and cut the dough, except for the use of rolling pin and knife. 

Although I had wanted to make those cutie shape pasta, my lazy self has just taken over my hardworking self. End up, I just cut them into stripes. The idea of making carrots noodle has been also been scrapped. Once done with the noodle-making, I straight away cook them for lunch.










0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner