Sunday, May 25, 2014

Matcha Swissroll


I have some leftover of vanilla mock cream that I made the other day. I decided to turn it into matcha mock cream to make Matcha Swissroll. It seems perfect as I need to clear off my green tea powder that is going to expire end of next month. 

This cake base's recipe doesn't use any type of oil/butter/shortening. It is easy to make and requires just few ingredients. I got the recipe from here and modified it a bit. I only adapted its recipe for the cake base. As for the cream, I uses my leftover vanilla mock cream and added 1/2 tsp of green tea powder into it. Since I already have 1 1/2 tbsp of green tea powder in the cake base, I don't want the green tea aroma to be too overwhelming. That was why I only added 1/2 tsp of green tea powder to the mock cream.







Vanilla mock cream before transformation to matcha mock cream

Matcha mock cream






Matcha Swissroll 

Ingredients:

3/4 cups low protein flour
1 1/2 tbsp green tea powder
2/3 cups caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs (separated)
2 tbsp full cream milk

Green tea mock cream

Method:

1. Sift flour, green tea powder and baking powder 3 times.

2. Whisk egg whites with 1/3 cup sugar till stiff peak is formed and set aside.

3. Beat egg yolks till colour lighten and add in the remaining sugar. Continue to beat till pale and thicken.

4. Add in milk and continue to beat till well mixed. 

5. Mix in the flour till well mixed.

6. Gently fold in 1/3 of the whisked egg whites and thoroughly mix it.

7. Once mixed, fold in the remaining egg whites.

8. Pour batter into 13" x 16" baking pan lined with parchment paper.

9. Bake in preheated oven at 160ÂșC for 15 minutes.

10. While the cake is still warm, remove the parchment paper and roll it up. Let it cool.

11. Once cool, unroll it. Spread a layer of matcha mock cream but leave a gap of approximately 1 inch on the side where the rolling will ends.

12. Roll it up and wrap tightly with a clean parchment paper.

13. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before slicing it and serve.


0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner