Friday, May 30, 2014

Roasted Pork Belly

I have a piece of pork belly at home and I was thinking of making something different with it. After much thought, I decided to roast it. This is a simple recipe. I am using the spices and ingredients normally used in roasting those crispy-skin pork (siew yuk) but I am not attempting to make siew yuk. We do not eat fats and skin. So it is useless to make those crispy-skin roasted pork. This roasted pork has Oriental flavour to it.

Roasted Pork Belly

Ingredients:

500gm pork belly
1 tbsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cube nam yue
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese rice wine

Method:

1. Blanch the pork belly in hot water till 60% cooked.

2. Slit a few cuts on the meat to make it easier for the marinade to be infused into the meat.

3. Dab/ wipe dry the pork belly.

4. Mix in the rice wine. Ensure the whole pork belly is coated with the wine.

5. In a bowl, mix together the 5 spice powder, salt, pepper, sugar and nam yee into a paste.

6. Season and rub the belly with the marinades.

7. Set aside to marinade in fridge for at least 3 hours.

8. Remove from fridge 1 hour before roasting. 

9. Preheat the oven to 200ÂșC. Cover a pan with aluminium foil. This pan will be placed under the roasting rack to collect any juices/oils dripping from the pork belly during roasting.

10. Place the marinated pork belly on the roasting rack and roast for 20 minutes on the middle rack with top and bottom heat. Then change to grill function. Grill for a further 25 minutes.

11. Cut and serve.

Note:  The juices/oil collected is very flavourful and may be used for preparation of other meals.



0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner