Thursday, May 29, 2014

Homemade Seafood Tofu



I have made seafood tofu numerous time but I think I have never post up any recipes. I do not have a fixed recipe for seafood tofu. Each time I make it, I put in different ingredients.  Even if I have the same ingredients,  the ratio that I used would be different. If I prefer it to be more moist, then I would have more eggs and lesser tapioca starch or corn starch. The basic seafood that I used for the preparation of seafood tofu is Spanish Mackerel. Sometimes I will pair it with prawn. However, one thing is for sure.... if more seafood paste is used, the more flavourful the tofu is. 

This seafood tofu is one dish I would make everytime I make yong tau foo. The fish paste that I prepare will normally be enough for 2 meals of yong tau foo and 2 meals of seafood tofu. For the yong tau foo, I will fry them before storing. As for the seafood tofu, it will be stored after I steam and cut into bite-size rectangular pieces. They will be apportioned and stored into containers.  Once cool down, I will tuck the containers into the freezer so that its freshness can be maintained. Whenever needed, I just need to remove the container from the freezer to thaw and then for further cooking, obviously. It is as simple as that.

For this batch, I used lesser fish paste than my previous batch. It is still good although the previous batch taste nicer.







The following is the recipe that I used for this batch of seafood tofu:-

Seafood Tofu 

Ingredients:

180g fish paste
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 eggs
1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp salt water (2 tbsp water + 1 tsp salt)
1 pc chicken stock cube (optional)

Method:

1. Combine fish paste, garlic, sesame oil, salt water and pepper. Mix well.

2. Roll into ball and throw the ball on the chopping board or bowl. Repeat this step as many time as possible. This step is to produce a springy and bouncy fish paste.

3. Mash the tofu and mix into the fish paste. Mix well.

3. Add eggs and the chicken stock. Make sure it is properly mixed.

4. Generously grease a rectangle pan.

5. Pour the seafood tofu paste into the pan and steam for 20 minutes.

6. Once cool down, cut into rectangular bite-sized pieces.

7. Coat with corn flour/tapioca flour and deep fry till golden brown.







2 love(s):

Chiu Pin Teo said...

This is my favourite tofu so far

Doryn Teo said...

Then u should try to make this. Very easy.

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner