Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snowskin Cheese Mooncake with Mung Bean Paste Filling

Mini sized mooncake cut into half
Standard sized mooncake

Mini sized mooncakes in gift box




I have a wedding dinner to attend on Saturday night. So, I knew from the beginning that I have to rush making this batch of mooncake that day. The recipe that I used to make this cheese showskin mooncake is different from all the previous recipe that I used. I got this recipe from here but I only uses this recipe for the mooncake skin.

I bought 1kg of mung bean paste and some melon seeds to be used as fillings. I ended up using about 700g of mung bean paste and 50g of melon seeds to make this particular batch of mooncake.


Mung bean paste shaped into balls to be used as fillings

I would have recommended this recipe to others if not for one particular problem. This is actually a very good recipe if you make just enough for 1 to 2 days as you can't really keep this mooncake for long. I made this mooncake on Saturday. When we tried it on Sunday morning, it was so nice. The skin has the fragrance of lemon and cheese. Hubby like it so much. When we tried eating it on Monday night, it has harden. I know that snowskin mooncake can't be exposed to air as it would cause the skin to harden. So, I made sure that they are not expose to air. But nevertheless, they still harden. I don't know what went wrong, but its taste is really very nice.

Snowskin mooncakes that was made on Friday and Saturday

0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner