I have made few batches of mooncakes on Friday and Saturday. The first batch of mooncake that I made on Friday was the pandan snowskin mooncake with pandan lotus paste filling. They were very nice.
I bought the pandan lotus paste filling from the store. Then I added the pre-baked melon seeds into the paste. The melon seeds was baked in the oven for about 10 minutes at 160 degree celcius.
:)
I used the recipe from my first mooncake-making attempt to make this pandan snowskin mooncake. The only difference is the water. Instead of using water, I used pandan juice. It gives a very pretty and pastel green colour to the mooncake.
:)
As for the filling, I spread the lotus paste onto a sheet of plastic. Then I added the pre-baked melon seeds onto the paste. Then, I rolled the paste up like rolling a Swiss-roll. After that, I spread up the paste again. This process is repeated a few times till the melon seeds are embeded in the paste. I managed to make about 9 standard size mooncakes and 5 mini mooncakes.
0 love(s):
Post a Comment