Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Insomnia

I think I have insomnia. I have had difficulty in sleeping since I was very young. I know I have had this problem when I was in secondary school but this problem may have appeared in my life way before that period. I remembered when I was still a child, I have difficulty in sleeping and resorted to counting sheeps to sleep. Although this method was not effective for me, I would eventually falls asleep somehow.

This problem is very imminent when I have important functions or occasions the next day but I still have this sleeping disorder even if there is no important functions the next day. While I was in secondary school and in college, I like to burn midnight oil when the exams were very near. I resorted to drinking Nescafe. After drinking a cup of Nescafe, I will be wide awake until the next morning without needing to sleep. I do know know whether this habit has worsen my sleeping problem or not but I have trouble sleeping more frequently now. When I was working in the "firm", I had a very stressful life. Working till very late at nights and sometimes went few days without sleep were normal. Even if I have not sleep for few days, I still have trouble sleeping although I feel very tired. If I didn't sleep for 2 full days for instance, I still can't sleep the next day (from morning till evening). But I will sleep like a baby that night.

Nowadays, if I have not sleep during my normal sleeping time, I will have trouble sleeping. For instance, if my normal sleeping time is 12.00am and I have not sleep during then, I will have trouble sleeping and will only fall asleep after 3 to 4 hours. I remembered when I was hospitalised for internal bleeding during my first pregnancy, I also have difficulty sleeping. I remembered when the nurse gave me the daily injections, she would ask me to lie down and not to move after the jab as I would be very drowsy. But I do not feel drowsy at all and I stayed wide awake till the next morning. I only feel a bit tired and light-headed for a while.

Another instances which I remembered was during the birth of Celine. After giving birth around 11++pm, I feel very sleepy and wanted to sleep. But when the nurse pushed me into the ward around 12am, I stayed awake until the next morning without sleeping. When I got back home the next afternoon, I still can't sleep although I feel very tired. I only managed to sleep that night when I got home.

I have trouble sleeping quite frequently. Maybe once or twice a month. The most recent occurence was the day before Celine's 1st birthday party. I stayed wide awake till the morning of Celine's 1st birthday. I feel tired in the morning but I still can't sleep. I only managed to sleep on that night and feel very tired for a few days. Sometimes, you think you did not sleep but you had actually sleep on and off for a few hours without you knowing it yourselves. Yes, I do agree with this and I am actually aware that it did happen to me sometimes. But when I said I didn't sleep for the whole day, it really mean I didn't sleep at all. Believe me!

0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner