Monday, September 14, 2009

My Mooncake Project

Ingredients for making mooncakes


Mung bean paste, pandan lotus paste and red bean paste

The Mid-Autumn Festival is just around the corner. Today, I went to the shop that sells bakery ingredients to buy some ingredients for making mooncake. I planned to make my own mooncake this year. I have tried making jelly mooncake and the result was posted in my previous entry. They were quite nice. I planned to make jelly mooncake and snow-skinned mooncake to give out as gifts to some close friends and relatives. Apart from the ingredients that I have already got at home, I still have to spent about RM83 today on the mould and ingredients, not forgetting the boxes as well. Nonetheless, I think the amount spent is worthy because the store-bought mooncakes costs about RM40 per box. So 2 boxes already costs about RM80. For this mooncake project, it can yield much more than that. Actually, the costs is much more lower if we make our own mooncake. I can make about 8 standard sized mooncake with just RM10. The costs for jelly mooncake is much lower than that. I hope my project is successful.

2 love(s):

pik lay said...

wah.... u bought so big pack of lotus paste

Doryn Teo said...

Not very big packs actually...Only 1kg each. So, there are only 3kg of fillings. The most expensive one is the pandan lotus paste which costs about RM17 per kg. Actually, if I make the filling myself, it will be much cheaper. But I don't have the time to do so many thing. So have to resort to buying instead..."sigh".

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner