Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Milo Jelly Mooncake


I bought 2 jelly mooncake moulds quite sometime ago but has yet to try them until mmm.... yesterday? Actually I made the mock egg yolk and filling on Saturday and only completed the whole thing yesterday due to my busy schedule. If you have babies, you will know what I mean. I have thought about a few ideas on the combination of ingredients that I wanted to use. I tried the first combination and will definitely try few more combinations which I think could be quite appealing.

This jelly mooncake looks just like the normal mooncake with egg yolk, filling and skin. I made the mock egg yolk from carrot juice. The filling is made of milk while the skin is made of Milo. They look as nice as their taste.

This is the filling and the orange colour balls in the middle are the mock egg yolk


This is the jelly mooncake in the mould



The few more combinations that I am planning to try are (red bean and pandan), (cream cheese and Milo), (mango youghurt and mango puree). The former being the filling and the latter being the skin.
I wanted to try making snow-skin mooncake as well. I will post the entries when I do make one later. But I have yet to buy the mould and ingredients for snow-skin mooncake. I think this year, I will make all the mooncakes myself as the commercially prepared ones are becoming more pricey.

2 love(s):

chiuhong said...

i want to eat!!so nice!!:-)

Chiu Pin Teo said...

oh they look lovely! the red bean pandan mooncake sounds delicious

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner