Monday, November 17, 2014

Sardine Buns

I made these sardine buns, I think roughly a week ago but I have no time to post it up till now. These buns were made using water roux method. I have made breads using water roux or tangzhong method few times before. The recipe for this starter dough can be found in this post. If you prefer to have the exact weight of the ingredients that I used to yield exactly the starter dough that is used in these buns, please see the followings:-

Water roux starter dough's ingredients list:

25g high protein flour
125ml water.

You may refer to the method to make this starter dough from the post that I mentioned above.

Make 12

Sardine Buns

Ingredients:

120g water roux starter
110ml water
350g high protein flour
7g milk powder
55g sugar
5g salt
6g yeast
30g butter

Method:

1. Add all the ingredients according to the order listed above except for butter in the breadmaker.

2. Operate breadmaker following manufacturer's instructions.

3. Once dough is formed, add butter.

4. Once dough is ready, remove from breadmaker and deflate it.

5. Divide dough into 12 portions and let it rest for 10 minutes.


Fillings:

Ingredients:

1 can sardine in tomato sauce
1 onion, thinly sliced into rings
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp rice vinegar

Method:

1. Mash sardine with a fork.

2. Heat up a wok and saute onion till soft and aromatic. 

3. Add in mashed sardine, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar.

4. Dish out  and set aside to cool.

To assemble the buns:


1. Take a piece of dough and flatten it into a triangular shape. 

2. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of filling onto the dough and roll it up.

3. Place the rolled-up dough on a paper case.

4. Repeat with the rest of dough.

5. Let it rest for approximately 1 hour.

6. Brush some egg wash on the surface of the dough and sprinkle with some cheddar cheese.

7. Bake in preheated oven at 170ÂșC for 15 to 20  minutes. 














0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner