This has been a very stressful week for me. It is the girls' exam week. They have finally sat for their final paper(s) today. I thought that I would never experience this kind of stress and tension after my last exam many many years ago. Even in my dreams also I dreamt of their exam. I don't know whether the issue is with me or all mothers also experience this. It is a relief for me that their exam is finally over. Just imagining how many more years to go with this kind of stress level at every exams really makes me faint. Nevertheless, it is over for the moment. So now I can shift my focus back to my own things.
I made these yummy doughnuts last week but were too busy coaching the girls for their exams that I don't have the time to update my blog.
I love to eat doughnuts especially doughnuts from Big Apple Donuts & Coffee. However, they really costs a bomb if you are a frequent buyer. Making these doughnuts are not difficult. So, I was thinking why don't I make them at home. The costs of making it would be only a small fraction of the amount spent to buy them. Moreover, homemade food is always better. We can always tailor-made it to our preference in terms of the sweetness, quality of ingredients used, the size and many other points you can think of.
I made these yummy doughnuts last week but were too busy coaching the girls for their exams that I don't have the time to update my blog.
I love to eat doughnuts especially doughnuts from Big Apple Donuts & Coffee. However, they really costs a bomb if you are a frequent buyer. Making these doughnuts are not difficult. So, I was thinking why don't I make them at home. The costs of making it would be only a small fraction of the amount spent to buy them. Moreover, homemade food is always better. We can always tailor-made it to our preference in terms of the sweetness, quality of ingredients used, the size and many other points you can think of.
For these doughnuts base, I uased Chef Alan Ooi's recipe. The decoration and frosting is my own creations inspired by what I see from those bought from outside.
Doughnuts
Ingredients:
A
300g high protein flour
200g plain flour
80g caster sugar
5g salt
20g milk powder
10g instant yeast
B
230ml water
1 grade B egg
C
40g shortening
Methods:
1. Combine ingredients A together and add in ingredients B and knead till a dough is formed.
2. Add shortening and continue to knead till a smooth dough is formed. The dough should be elastic.
3. Loosely cover with cling wrap and leave to proof for 30 minutes till double in size.
4. Roll dough into 1cm in thickness.
5. Use a doughnut cutter to cut out doughnuts.
6. Leave on tray to rise for second time for 20 minutes.
7. Fry the doughnuts in medium heat till golden brown.
8. Remove and place on absorbent papers.
9. Cool well before coating with melted chocolate and decorate as you please. If prefer to coat with caster sugar, do it while still hot.






0 love(s):
Post a Comment