Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dry Chicken Curry



I bought a packet of curry powder from a grocery store near my house the other day. I did not check the expiry date on the packet till I reached home. It was too late when I realised that it was just a few day shy of its expiry date. So, I have to quickly use it before it expire.

Since I have a piece of chicken thigh in the freezer, making chicken curry should be a good idea. I didn't use any coconut milk for this curry as dear hubby have high cholesterol level. So he have to cut down on food with high cholesterol. With the few ingredients that I have in my pantry, this dish is quickly whipped up. Even without coconut milk, the curry still taste very nice and appetising. 

Dry Chicken Curry

Ingredients:

1 pc chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 pcs potatoes, quartered
1 small packet curry powder
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 sticks lemongrass
1 rice bowl shallots, peeled
1/2 rice bowl garlic, peeled
2 candlenuts
10 dried chillies, blanched in hot water
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
Water
Salt to taste
Oil for frying and cooking

Methods:

1. Marinate chicken thigh with some turmeric powder and salt.

2. Cut 1 of the lemongrass into smaller pieces (chop) and another sticks into 3 parts.

3. Blend chopped lemongrass, shallots, garlic, candlenuts and dried chillies into a smooth paste. Add in the turmeric powder and set aside.

4. Fry potatoes and dish up. Set aside for later use.

5. Heat up the wok and add in curry leaves and the remaining lemongrass stick. Add spice paste into the wok and stir till aromatic. Add in curry powder and continue to stir.

6. Add in chicken thigh and continue to cook for a few minutes before adding the water. Bring it to a boil and continue to let it simmer till the gravy reduced and become thick.

7. Add in potatoes roughly 15 minutes before dishing up.

8. Serve with steaming hot rice.

0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner