I love marble butter cake. When I was a little child, I used to buy pieces of marble butter cakes from the neighbourhood Indian bread vendor who plied through the neighbourhood with his motorcycle. This cake makes me reminisce about my childhood memories. It brings back the little girl in me. I think everybody have had marbled butter cake at least once at any point of their lives. So there is no reason why you do not know the existence of this cake. I can safely say that this old-fashioned cake brings warmth into our hearts.
Butter is the main ingredient in a butter cake. Therefore using a good quality butter is of utmost importance. It really shows. Trust me! I used Golden Churn butter for this cake. The taste is so buttery, moist and sinful.
For this marble butter cake, I used the "Mrs Ng SK vanilla butter cake" recipe and twisted it a bit to turn it into a marble butter cake. It is really very good and the cake is completely wiped finished in a day. I adapted this cake from Mrs Ng SK vanilla butter cake from here.
Marble Butter Cake
Ingredients
250g salted butter, soften (cool at 18ºC-20ºC, not glossy)
200g eggs, without shell (4 grade B eggs), egg yolks and whites separated
50g + 150g caster sugar
Marble Butter Cake
Ingredients
250g salted butter, soften (cool at 18ºC-20ºC, not glossy)
200g eggs, without shell (4 grade B eggs), egg yolks and whites separated
50g + 150g caster sugar
200g self raising flour, sifted
60ml full cream milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Method:
1. Preheat oven at 170ºC. Line the base and grease the sides of an 8 inch square pan.
2. Whip the egg whites till soft peak.Gradually add in 50g sugar and beat till stiff peak.
3. In another bowl, cream butter and 150g sugar till pale and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence and gradually add in egg yolk one after another. Beat well after each addition.
4. Add in half of the flour and mix on low speed till incorporated.
5. Add in milk in two additions and mix till well incorporated.
6. Mix in the remaining flour.
7. Add in half of the egg whites and mix on low speed.
8. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
9. Gently scoop out 3 ladleful of the cake batter into a separate bowl. Add in cocoa powder and mix well.
10. Alternate dollops of each batter into the cake pan till all batter is used up.
11. Use a stick or butter knife to lightly swirl the batter for the marble effect. Be careful not to overmix.
12. Gently tap the pan several time to release any trapped air bubble.
13. Bake at 170ºC for 45 minutes till skewer comes out clean. (I reduced the temperature to 150ºC 10 minutes into baking as it seems to brown very fast and I baked my cake for 20 minutes)
Note: Adjust the temperature and baking time according to your oven. Different oven might be different.
60ml full cream milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Method:
1. Preheat oven at 170ºC. Line the base and grease the sides of an 8 inch square pan.
2. Whip the egg whites till soft peak.Gradually add in 50g sugar and beat till stiff peak.
3. In another bowl, cream butter and 150g sugar till pale and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence and gradually add in egg yolk one after another. Beat well after each addition.
4. Add in half of the flour and mix on low speed till incorporated.
5. Add in milk in two additions and mix till well incorporated.
6. Mix in the remaining flour.
7. Add in half of the egg whites and mix on low speed.
8. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
9. Gently scoop out 3 ladleful of the cake batter into a separate bowl. Add in cocoa powder and mix well.
10. Alternate dollops of each batter into the cake pan till all batter is used up.
11. Use a stick or butter knife to lightly swirl the batter for the marble effect. Be careful not to overmix.
12. Gently tap the pan several time to release any trapped air bubble.
13. Bake at 170ºC for 45 minutes till skewer comes out clean. (I reduced the temperature to 150ºC 10 minutes into baking as it seems to brown very fast and I baked my cake for 20 minutes)
Note: Adjust the temperature and baking time according to your oven. Different oven might be different.


0 love(s):
Post a Comment