Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kuih Keria (Sweet Potato Doughnuts)






I still have some sweet potatoes in my pantry. So, I decided to use the sweet potatoes to make a small batch of kuih keria, a type of local kueh. I googled for the recipe and finally settled for this recipe from here. I made some alteration to the recipe. Since I just ran out of tapioca flour, I substituted it with corn flour.


Kuih Keria

Ingredients:

250g boiled sweet potatoes
1 tbsp corn flour
80g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt

80g caster sugar
3 tbsp water

Method:

1. Mashed sweet potatoes when it is still hot.

2. Add salt, corn flour and all purpose flour to the mashed potatoes and knead till well mixed and smooth.

3. Divide dough into 8 portions with each portion weighing roughly 41g to 42g.

4. Roll into a ball and flatten into a disk with your palm.

5. Use a chopstick to make a hole on the middle of the disk.

6. Repeat with the rest of the dough.

7. Fry in medium hot oil till golden.

8. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside to let it cool.

9. To prepare the sugar coating, add sugar and water into a wok and cook till the syrup thicken.

10. Pour the fried keria into the wok and coat with the syrup.

11. Stir till the syrup turn stringy and off the heat.

12. Continue to stir till the syrup dried out and all the keria has been coated with sugar.

13. Best served hot.

0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner