The girls have been requesting for pancakes for few days before I finally made for them. I normally make the oriental style pancakes that I had as a child, which consists of only flour, water, butter/margarine, sugar and egg. I have always like that version maybe due to the fact that I have been having it since I was little and I like to have it crispy, not fluffy.
However, I made the western style pancakes for the girls this round. It was quite nice and fluffy. This recipe is sourced from here and I made some minor substitution to the recipe.
Fluffy Pancakes
Make: 6-7 pancakes
Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
1 grade A egg
2 tbsp + 1 tsp butter, melted
Method:
1. Combine milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Whisk egg and 2 tbsp melted butter into the sour milk mixture.
4. Pour the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet ingredients and whisk till all the lumps are gone.
5. Heat a pancake skillet or pan and coat with 1 tsp melted butter. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the skillet/pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
6. Flip and brown the other side of the pancake.
Fluffy Pancakes
Make: 6-7 pancakes
Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
1 grade A egg
2 tbsp + 1 tsp butter, melted
Method:
1. Combine milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Whisk egg and 2 tbsp melted butter into the sour milk mixture.
4. Pour the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet ingredients and whisk till all the lumps are gone.
5. Heat a pancake skillet or pan and coat with 1 tsp melted butter. Pour a ladleful of batter onto the skillet/pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
6. Flip and brown the other side of the pancake.

0 love(s):
Post a Comment