I first made this type of cupcake in 2012. I was trying to look for a recipe which is similar to what I have previously tasted and fell in love with. However, I can't seems to get the taste right. It was nice but not like what I have tasted. This round, I almost get the taste that I am looking for. More milky-tasted cream. The cake is also very soft. This cake is inspired by this particular blog where I modified my version from.
Hokkaido Cupcakes
Ingredients:
60g corn oil
80g milk
5 egg yolks
100g Hong Kong flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites
80g sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Ingredients for Cream Fillings:
160g whipping cream
2 tsp water
1/2 tsp gelatine
15g icing sugar
Some icing sugar for sprinkling
Method:
1. Whisk the egg whites with cream of tartar. Gradually add in the sugar. Whisk till stiff peak is formed.
2. Mix the milk and oil together in a bowl and warm it either through double boiling or using microwave.
3. Gradually add egg yolks into the milk mixture. Mix till well combined.
4. Add in the sifted flour and mix till well combined and smooth.
5. Gently fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
6. Fill up the cupcake cases till 3/4 full.
7. Tap the cupcake cases to release air bubbles.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 140ºC for 20 minutes and then at 150ºC for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and knock the cupcake once on the table top to prevent shrinkage and set aside to cool.
10. To prepare the cream, add water with gelatine and microwave for 10 seconds till gelatine melted. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, whisk icing sugar and whipping cream. Add in the gelatine mixture. Whisk till light and fluffy. Do not over-whipped.
11. Make a hole in the middle of each of the cupcakes. Pipe in the whipped cream and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Note: The gelatine is used to stabilise the whipped cream.




0 love(s):
Post a Comment