I was craving for waffles today and badly wanted a waffle fix. That was how I ended up making waffles and gladly so as I managed to satisfy my craving. I googled for a waffle recipe and saw this particular recipe here. I have previously used this waffles recipe before. When I saw the recipe just now, it looks so familiar that I was thinking how similar both recipes are. Previously I followed the recipe to the T but this time around, I ommited the vanilla extract. My modifications are in RED.
Waffle of Insane Greatness
Ingredients:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk/ buttermilk (I used full cream milk)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract (I ommited this)
Butter and syrup, for serving (I served with kaya, chocolate sauce and choco-banana ice-cream)
Method:
1. Mix flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add in milk, sugar, egg, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well.
2. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the waffle iron and follow manufacturer's instruction to make the waffle.
4. Serve immediately.
Note:
1. It is not necessary to grease the waffle iron as the oil in the batter will help to ease the release of the waffle.
2. I manage to make 5 - 6 waffles with this recipe using my Takada waffle maker.





0 love(s):
Post a Comment