Hubby brought back some Kajang satay the other day. We finished off the chicken satays but didn't manage to clear off the mutton satay. So, last Friday I turned them into mutton curry. I did not use any coconut milk. It was subsituted with low fat plain yoghurt and milk.
I pounded onion, shallots, ginger, garlic and black pepper with mortar and pestle and this become my basic spice paste. Other than that I also added in other spices like star anise, cinnamon stick and fennel seeds. The must have ingredient here would be the spicy curry powder and curry leaves. If not, this wouldn't be a curry. Normally when I cook curry, I will add in some potatoes as well. For this dish, two russet potatoes were added. As the mutton is already quite tender, this curry doesn't need to be cooked so long. After seasoning it with sugar and salt, the final step is to add in yoghurt and milk and voila! it is ready to be served.
By the way, I had also made steamed yam cake sometime during the week. Daddy gave me a yam when he came visiting the other day. I used it to make this wonderful steamed yam cake.


0 love(s):
Post a Comment