I feel so happy with these pork balls that I made. I dare not make a lot as this was the first time I am making these balls. But these were amazing! I only used minimal ingredients for these balls. I can't believe it turned into something so nice. Next round, I will definitely make more and freeze them for later use. These pork balls can be cooked into a main dish by itself or be added into noodles. They are simply springy, bouncy and full of flavour.
The ingredients that I used are lean pork, garlic and mushrooms and some tapioca flour as well as water. As for the seasoning, I added in salt, pepper and sesame oil. In order to get springy balls, the meat used must still be in its frozen state during processing. Before mincing the meat, the lean pork is removed from freezer and left in room temperature for few minutes. Then I sliced the meat and proceeded to mince it. It was quite hard as the pork have not been thawed. I did it this way as I need to use it immediately. If you do not need it urgently, you can mince it after thawing and then place it in the freezer again to freeze it. Then only you remove the frozen minced meat for further processing. I added everything into a food processor and processed it. Before the garlics were added in, I pounded them into a paste, just in case the food processor fail to do its job properly. Then I transferred it into my mixer and knead it like kneading dough. Once done, I rolled them into balls and dropped them into boling water. The balls are cooked once they float to the surface of the boiling water. For storage, they can be kept in the fridge once cool down.
I make this sweet and sour meat balls with the springy mushrooms pork balls that I have just made. Doesn't they look appetizing?



0 love(s):
Post a Comment