Monday, June 9, 2014

Mochi Cheese Puffs



Mochi cheese puffs or also known as Pao de queijo where they originated from. It is said that the original recipe has existed since the 18th century in Minas Gerais (Brazil). These puffs are distinctive because the inside are chewy and moist. 

All of us love these puffs. They are not only the girls' favourites but also their big daddy's favourites. With a blink of an eye, the puffs are gone. I don't even know who ate the last puff. Is it the big daddy or the girls? 

The best thing is they are so easy to make. I have bookmarked this recipe since February but have not have the chance to make it till now. I would like to thank the very generous mummy who is so willing to share this recipe in her blog. I got this recipe from here. I manage to make 29 mini puffs with this recipe. 

Mochi Cheese Puffs

Ingredients:

1 Grade A egg
1/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup full cream milk
1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
50g mozarella cheese
50g parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp salt

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 200ºC

2. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend at low speed till smooth. Stir with a spoon to ensure the batter is well mixed. Then give it another pulse.

3. Generously grease a mini muffin pan. If silicone tray is used, this step can be omitted. 

4. Fill up the batter up to the rim. I used a measuring spoon (1 tbsp).

5. Bake for 15 minutes at 170ºC till puffy and golden brown.

Note: 

1. This batter can be kept in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days if not used immediately. 

2. The puffs can be stored for up to 2 days in an air-tight container in room temperature but are best eaten on the same day. They taste the best while still hot and fresh from the oven.

3. A note to myself: The quantity of salt can be reduced to 1 tsp. 










0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner