Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Snowskin Mooncakes

Other than jelly mooncakes and baked mooncakes, I have also made some snowskin mooncakes. Snowskin mooncakes also known as snowy mooncakes, ice skin mooncakes and crystal mooncakes originated from Hong Kong. These are served cold instead of at room temperature. 

The snowskin mooncakes that I made in these 2 years were far better than those that I made previously as they can be kept longer. Even when I had a piece on the third or fourth day, they were still soft. Those that I made previously turned hard on the second day although I kept them in airtight container. However, they can't be exposed to air too long because they will turn hard and crack, unlike those sold commercially as the manufacturer used certain stabiliser to prevent the skin from drying up.










Dough for snowskin mooncake wrapped with cling film and set aside to rest


The fillings: On the left are lotus paste with melon seeds and on the right,  red bean paste will be wrapped in pandan mung bean paste



0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner