Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mocha-Milk Jelly Mooncakes

These are mocha-milk jelly mooncakes with mock egg yolk. To tell the truth, these were not what I intended to make in the beginning. I have planned to make coffee-milk jelly mooncakes. However, I have ran out of coffee in my pantry. What was left in my pantry was a sachet of 3-in-1 coffee powder and another sachet of 2 gm instant coffee powder. It was quite likely that it would not be sufficient. So, I set aside some milo and turned them into mocha instead of coffee jelly mooncakes. I really love the taste of these mooncakes. You can feel a very strong mocha aroma when you have a bite. It taste heavenly!!! I paired these with pandan jelly mooncakes that I made once again and gave them out as gift. 

This is my recipe:-

Mocha-Milk Jelly Mooncakes

Make 6

Milk Fillings

Ingredients:

300 ml full cream milk
1/2 tbsp agar-agar powder
30 g sugar

Method:

1. Combine milk, sugar and agar-agar powder in a pot a bring to a boil on low heat.

2. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.

3. Divide fillings into 6 containers/ramekins.

4. Drop a mock egg yolk in the centre of the container. See here for the recipe for mock egg yolk.

5. Let it set and unmould.

Mocha Skin

Ingredients:

380 ml water
1 sachet 3-in-1 coffee powder
2 g instant coffee
2 tbsp milo
1 tbsp condensed milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp agar-agar powder

Method:

1. Mix water, coffee powder, milo, sugar and agar-agar powder in a pot and bring to a boil.

2. Stir in condensed milk.

Assembling Jelly Mooncakes:

1. Pour in some mocha solution into mooncakes mould.

2. When it is half set, place a filling in the centre of the mould. Top up with remaining mocha solution up till the brim of the mould.

3. Leave aside to set.

Refrigerate and unmould before serving.




0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner