Seeing so many colourful baked mooncakes in the market makes my heart itchy to make them at home too. I have a few ideas in mind, waiting for me to act on it. One of them is chocolate flavour baked mooncake. So I set out virtually scouting for baked chocolate mooncake recipe. I saw quite a handful of posts on this type of mooncake. One of them is this, which I used as my reference for making the mooncake crust/skin. I baked these black beauties together with the red yeast rice mooncakes, which I will write about in my next entry.
Baked Chocolate Mooncake with Pandan Mung Bean & Red Bean Paste
Makes 6 standard-size mooncakes
Ingredients:
113 g all purpose flour
18 g cocoa powder
85 g golden syrup
25 g peanut oil
1/2 tsp lye water
264 g pandan mung bean paste
240 g red bean paste
A handful of toasted melon seeds
Method:
1. Mixed golden syrup, peanut oil and lye water together. Stir till well blended.
2. Sift flour and cocoa powder in a big bowl.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the golden syrup mixture.
4. Mix into a soft dough and set aside to rest for at least 30 minutes (I left it overnight in the fridge).
5. Add pre-toasted melon seeds into red bean paste. Refer to my previous post here on how to add in the melon seeds.
5. Divide the pandan mung bean paste into 6 balls of 44g each and red bean paste into 6 balls of 40g each.
6. Take a ball of pandan mung bean paste and flatten it into a disc. Place a ball of red bean paste in the centre and wrap it up into a ball. Repeat for the rest.
7. Divide the mooncake dough into 6 balls of 41g each.
8. Take a dough and flatten it into a disc. Place the filling in the centre and wrap it up. Roll into a ball and dust the ball with plain flour and place it in the mould. Press firmly to conform to mould and unmould. Place on a lined baking tray. Repeat for the rest of the dough balls.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 170ÂșC for 12 minutes. Remove from oven for 15 minutes to cool before baking again for another 15 minutes.
10. Leave mooncakes to cool down completely before storing in airtight container.
11. Mooncakes will turn soft and shiny after 2 to 3 days.












0 love(s):
Post a Comment