.jpg)
Last week, one of my friend mentioned to me about me giving out tips on how to score well in MIA QE. I had in fact forgotten about the whole thing until he mentioned it again to me that day. There is a section on MIA QE in "Accountants Today", the Malaysian Institute of Accountants monthly publication. Candidates who had passed the exam would be featured in this section.
Actually, before taking MIA QE, I have taken a few ACCA papers. But after I took about 2 to 3 papers, MIA came up with this special examination for graduates who holds the relevant qualifications but are not recognised under MIA's Scheduled Bodies to become members of the Institute. However, the requirement is that the graduates' qualifications must be recognised by the Malaysian Public Service Department.
Under this MIA QE, the candidates need to sit for and pass 4 papers within the timeframe given. As I was already tired of sitting for exams and I had to sit for more papers if I continue to take the ACCA exam, I decided to instead take MIA QE. The passing rate for this exam is surprisingly very low. If I am not mistaken, the passing rate is not more than 10% at any one sitting. I decided not to sit for the first examination sitting as I have no precedence to look to. Very few people pass at the first sitting. I became a bit intimidated but decided to sit for one of the paper at its second sitting. Luckily I passed (I merely scored a pass when I thought that I have actually scored a distinction in that paper). I have taken one of the ACCA paper where the standard is almost similar to this particular paper and I had thought that I fared much better in this paper than in that ACCA paper. However, when the result was released, I found out that I had only scored a pass whereas for that ACCA paper, I had in fact scored quite high marks (For ACCA papers, we know the exact marks that we scored).
So, I can deduced from this experience that the marking scheme was quite stringent and strict in MIA QE. Many of those candidates who sat for the exam together with me give up at their very first attempt and revert back to taking ACCA.
There was this instructor at the MIA QE Workshop who told us that the marking is stricter as it does not want to be seen as providing back door to the graduates to gain admittance as a member of the Institute. She told us that the passing rate is very very low. According to her, the number of candidates who passed at the previous sitting (the sitting before mine) can even be counted using the fingers in one hand. So, you can imagine how slim is your chance to pass.
Maybe I was lucky? But I did really study very hard for the exams. That was quite some time ago already. But up till today, I have not submit my application for admittance as a member of MIA. I have actually satisfied all the conditions set but I don't know.... Maybe I am just lazy? ...or maybe I am put off by the admission fee and annual subscription fee that I need to pay?... or maybe because of the requirements of the CPE hours that I need to maintain every year when I become a member? Maybe I should apply now. It is quite comforting to see the distinguished letters C.A.(M) after your name, isnt' it ?
1 love(s):
wah...
Post a Comment