We went to Melbourne city again on 14/6/2009. As we would not be able to complete the sight-seeing in the city in one day, Chiu Pin decided to break it up into 2 days. On our second visit to the city, we went to the Southern Cross Station, DFO, Docklands, Melbourne Arts Centre, Shrine of Remembrance, St. Kilda Beach, Crown Casino and the Southbank.
The Southern Cross Station is famous for its architecture. I was told that it has won some kind of architecture award. Upon checking, I found that it was awarded the Lubetkin Prize for the most outstanding building outside the European Union at the prestigious Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Awards in London.
After taking some photos, we walked over to Direct Factory Outlet for shopping. I eyed for a pair of jeans which I think was quite cheap, considering its brand. I was a bit dissapointed because they do not have my size. The sizes available were quite limited. I think that was why they sell at such low price. Chiu Pin however, managed to buy one for herself. We went to Docklands after we did some window shopping. Oops...I almost forgot...I bought a blusher and a lip gloss before leaving for Docklands.
We had fish and chips for lunch. The area around Docklands is famous for fish and chips. Then, we went to the area around Melbourne Arts Centre.
After taking some photos, we took a tram to the Shrine of Remembrance.
After visiting the Shrine of Remembrance, we then proceed to St. Kilda Beach. It is Melborne's most famous beach. When we were at St. Kilda Beach, it was drizzling. So, we did not spend much time there.
We took some photos at the Southbank and then watch fireball show outside Crown Casino which is an hourly affair after 6pm. Cheryl was very scared and hugged me when the fireball suddenly shoot up as she has not anticipate this to happen. When she realised that it is just a show, she began to enjoy it.
0 love(s):
Post a Comment