I made durian cheesecake 2 weeks ago. Hubby brought back some durians from Tangkak. However, we don't feel like eating them because we have already had some the previous day. So, I have to think of some way to use them up. I remembered that I have came across a recipe for durian cheesecake from a food blog. So, I decided to try it since it has quite some good reviews from the readers.
I did not however follows the recipe to the T. Based on the original recipe, the base of the cheesecake should be made from plain sponge cake or plain digestive biscuits. I still have some chocolate marie biscuits left from the marble cheesecake that I made previously. Since I don't eat them and they have been sitting on my dining table for quite a while already, I decided to use them for my durian cheesecake's base. Even the amount of butter that I used for the base is also not as per the recipe. Based on my previous experiences in making cheesecake, the amount of butter used for the base of the cake is usually not enough. So, I just doubled the amount. I believe my cheesecake has stronger durian flavour because I had used more durian than required in the recipe.


You can see from the photos above that the durian cheesecake has 3 layers. The bottom layer is the base of the cake which is made of chocolate marie biscuits, butter and sugar. The layer in the middle is the filling, which is made of cheese, durian, milk, whipping cream, corn flour, sugar and eggs while the top layer is the topping. The main ingredient is durian. Other ingredients include whipped cream, milk, sugar and eggs.
I have already thought of making another unconventional cheesecake. I have 3 dragonfruits in the fridge and I want to use them to make dragonfruit cheesecake. So, just wait for my entry on the dragonfruit cheesecake. I plan to bake the cake within these few days, if I manage to squeeze it in my rather packed schedule.
2 love(s):
interesting cake, mmmm...does it taste more like durian or cheese?
I think it taste more like durian...The taste of cheese is not that strong though
Post a Comment