Yesterday, I cooked tom yam for dinner. I think my skill in cooking tom yam have improved. Of all the tom yam that I cooked before, this is by far the best.
Initially, I boiled a pot of water with lots of prawn heads and shells (I have one big packets of prawn heads and shells in my freezer. So I just used all of it). After that, I removed the heads and shells leaving only the basic soup in the pot. Then, I lightly fried the onion which I have pre-cut into rings. When the onion turned limp, I added in some kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass which I lightly bruised using a pestle. Then I transferred these ingredients to my pot of basic soup which I have prepared earlier.
After that, I added in the carrots, tomatoes and birds eye chillies as well as 2 tablespoons of instant tom yam paste and some fish sauce. I just let it boiled for a while.
Just before serving, I added in the abalone pieces, prawns and squids and removed the pot from the flame when the prawns turned pinkish. As I don't have any lemon or lime at home, I just ommit them this time around. As a result, the tom yam doesn't taste that sour. Nevertheless, there were still awesome!!
1 love(s):
the tom yum soup looks yummy, especially with the addition of abalone!!!what a great idea!both you and er jie wrote about delicious soup, but too bad i can't taste them...
Post a Comment