I was still left with some unused portion of the seasoned fish paste from the yong tau foo that I made the other day. I have already seasoned the fish paste with salted fish, salt, pepper and sesame oil that day. So, I just added in some diced carrots and then rolled them into balls. I used these to make sweet & sour fishballs for dinner today. The following is the recipe. The amount/quantity is just an estimate. They may not be very accurate....
Sweet & sour fishballs
Ingredients:
100g Seasoned fish paste
Some diced carrots
2 small tomatoes, quartered
2 tbs oil + enough oil for frying
1/2 tbs sugar
2 tbs water
2 tbs chilli sauce
1 tbs tomato sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs plum sauce
Method:
Mix the seasoned fish paste with the diced carrots and rolled them into small balls. Then heat oil in the wok and fried the fish balls. Remove fish balls from wok and discard the oil. Reheat the wok and add 1 tbs of oil. Stir-fried the tomatoes and then remove to plate. Add 1 tbs of oil and 1/2 tbs sugar. When the sugar is almost dissolved, add in 2 tbs water, 2 tbs chilli sauce, 1 tbs tomato sauce, 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbs plum sauce. Let it boil. Then add in the fried fish balls and tomatoes. Coat with the sauce and dish up.
1 love(s):
looks yummy :)
Post a Comment