I used to have quite a large collections of chilli sauce and tomato sauce in small packets, those that we get when ordering food from fast food outlets. I kept them in a basket and I had quite a basketful of them. But now I only have 3 packets left in the basket. I always use them in one of my favourite recipe. I created this recipe when I was trying to find out ways to use these small packets of chilli sauce and tomato sauce. I called this recipe, "Stir-fried prawns in chilli and tomato sauce". This is a very simple yet delicious dish. Do try this when you run out of ideas on what to cook for dinner...or perhaps lunch, if you do cook for lunch. You don't need much preparation. I prepare this dish again for dinner yesterday.

Strir-fried prawns in chilli and tomato sauce
Ingredients:
10 large/ medium sized prawns
2 small potatoes
5 to 6 packets of chilli sauce
1 to 2 packets of tomato sauce
Dash of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
Salt to taste
Method:
Remove the shells of the prawns and leave the tails intact. Marinate prawns with pepper, salt and sesame oil. Cut the potatoes into wedges and fry them in hot oil, till cooked. Remove from wok. Leave about 1 tbs of oil in the wok and discard the rest. Put the prawns in the wok and immediately add the 5 to 6 packets of chilli sauce and 1 to 2 packets of tomato sauce. You can add more or less of the sauce depending on your preference. Do not add any water. Add the fried potatoes and toss well. When the prawn turned pinkish, dish up and serve.
This is a very easy yet tasty recipe. Hope you like it as much as I do. Oh yes, I almost forgot this. I made steamed yam cake again yesterday.
0 love(s):
Post a Comment