Sunday, July 6, 2014

Mango Juice & Pickles

There is a stall each in Jonker Walk and Portuguese Settlement, which is selling very nice mango juice. I love the mango juice sold in these 2 places, so much so that I need to get a fix of my favourite mango juice before I retreat for the night when I am craving for it. We will then need to drive all the way to the Portuguese Settlement, which is relatively nearer to our house than Jonker Walk.  

From my observation, I noticed that the seller uses a combination of unriped and ripened mangoes for juicing.  Since I have some unriped and ripened mangoes in my pantry, I need to recreat this sweet with a tinge of sourish mango juice at home. I have all the ingredients needed; mangoes, sour plum and syrup. This is just so perfect.



I also made some mango pickles with the unriped mangoes. This has always been my favourite. I remember I was craving for this mango pickles when I was pregnant with Cheryl and went searching around for unriped mangoes. We finally found it at Fajar but it was so expensive.  It was RM7 plus for 1 mango. Despite that, I still bought it and made pickles with it.


0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner