I made these mantou today. I had initially plan to make sweet potatoes mantou but ended up making these as the sweet potatoes that I steamed earlier has spoilt. So, I tried to think of something to replace the sweet potatoes. As I have planted some pandan/screwpine leaves, I thought of using them to flavour my mantou. However, I only managed to get 3 to 4 leaves, thus leaving me with such pale green colour on my mantou. The taste of pandan is also not very strong. In fact the taste of milk is even stronger. Nevertheless, they really taste very good and soft...and soooo fluffy. Cheryl kept on asking for another mantou to eat. I will definitely use this recipe again in the future. I just need to experiment with more flavour so that I can come up with more varieties for my loved ones to savour.
I got this recipe from here and altered it. I just use the milk as the liquid to blend the screwpine leaves to get the screwpine juice. The only point to remember is to ensure that the resulting milk/screwpine juice is as per the original recipe ie 1 cup/225ml.














2 love(s):
what is the chopstick doing?
To cut the dough using a "sawing" motion so that the bottom can be more natural (puffing)
Post a Comment