Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekend in Klang

We went back to Klang during the week of the horror crash that claimed 13 lives and was stuck in the traffic jam for few hours en route back to Malacca. It took us about 6.5 hours to reach Malacca, which usually only take us about 1.5 to 2 hours. We only reached home around 2.30am. As it was way past my bedtime, I was unable to sleep and ended up wide awake till morning. I thought of taking leave to rest at home but I have no annual leave left. So, I still have to crawl up and obediently go to work.

Initially we didn't know what happen. We only got the news that there was an accident near the border of Negeri Sembilan-Malacca from announcement over the radio at around 12am. The accident happen at around 7.45pm. Along the way, we saw many smaller accidents due to the traffic jam as well as cars that stalled at the highway. I believe many people did not expect such a terrible jam and therefore drove with almost empty tank. That's why there were so many cars that stalled and the drivers walked with empty containers on hand to the nearest petrol station across the highway which was quite far away. I think some of the cars' engine has also became too hot. We also saw many cars stopped along the way with smoke around the engine compartments.
:)
The next morning when I got to office, I was told that one of my colleague was so relieved that she escaped the accident. She normally passed through that area around the accident time. On the way to KL, her mum actually mentioned about Km 223 as they passed through the area. Her mum was telling her that it is similar to her car plate number which is also 223. As she said that, a thought suddenly popped up her mind. She was thinking that if a car suddenly flew over from the opposite direction and hit her car, she wouldn't know what to do. She always go to KL to visit her husband during the weekends. But on that fateful day, her husband was not feeling very well. So she decided to go back to Malacca earlier so that her husband can have a rest. It would normally be very difficult to get her son to go back to Malacca so early but on that day, he did not even make a sound and just followed what his mum said. They came back to Malacca around 2pm and escaped the accident.

The next day, I heard from another colleague that the young couple that was involve in the accident is actually her friend. There were so many coincidences in this world as I have noticed....

So, we will just put a full stop to all the sad stories and here come the pictures taken in Klang....



0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner