Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes


I was out of high protein flour. Therefore, I can't make any breads. So, I ended up baking chocolate cupcakes last Saturday. This is a simple chocolate cupcakes recipe that I got online and tweaked to my liking.


Simple Chocolate Cupcakes (My Version)

Ingredients:

175 ml full cream milk
60g cooking chocolate, finely chooped
80g caster sugar
60g butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 large egg, beaten
150g self-raising flour
2 tablespoon chopped chocolate


Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degree C.

Heat milk in saucepan till just scalding. Put the cooking chocolate and 1/3 of the sugar into a bowl. Pour over the hot milk and stir till smooth. Let it cool for a while.

Cream butter, remaining sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the egg. Stir in some of the chocolate mixture alternating with the flour. Stir in the chocolate pieces.

Spoon into paper cases till approximately 2/3 full. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes. They are done when they spring back when pressed in the centre. The original recipe can produce 12 cupcakes. But I can only make 11 cupcakes from this recipe.

0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner