Saturday, 8 March 2008 was THE DAY. It was a day of change....It was the first time in history that the coalition forming the goverment did not obtain the 2/3 majority but rather only simple majority to form the next government.
I did not vote in the 12th General Election but practically all the people that I know of voted for the oppositions. I missed the 11th General Election and now I also missed the 12th General Election. Why didn't I vote? Because I did not see anybody who is worthy of my vote.
I think there were lots of factors contributing to the major swing of votes towards the oppositions. Although there were many advertisements in the tv commenting on how good the present government is in managing the country and how well certain component party of the BN has served the community and so forth, the people is still not influenced by these ads. Why is it so? It is simply because they are just doing what they are expected to do. Not more than that. There are still many issues left unresolved. Issues affecting the community, in particular. We need MPs or assemblymen who dare to voice out on issues affecting the community and not insiders who wishes to sit there comfortably and who dare not speak out eventhough there were injusties.
Commenting on the ads in the mass media, there is one point that is worthy of our note. How much has been spent on these ads? In the weeks/days leading to the polling date, how many times has these ads being aired. Not only once in a day, mind you. So if you do the calculations, you would be surprised on the amount. It is our hard-earned money. Wouldn't it be better if the $$ were put into better use?
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 love(s):
Post a Comment