Monday, March 9, 2015

Lychee Prawn

Before I start with this post, I just want to share this photo that I took from my backyard. I was intrigued by these ladybirds on my lime leaves. They were like forming a formation on the back of the leaves. I have never seen anything like this before.


Oh, by the way, I have some additional thing to share. I have not been to Pizza Hut for a very long time. My friends suggested for us to meet over lunch and we thought Pizza Hut would be a great place. I just found out that other than pizza and spaghetti, Pizza Hut had started to offer other variety of meals that is not just confined to pizza or pasta. I ordered this Flaming Prawn Rice and it was quite nice. 


OK, it is time to go back to our intended subject matter. We shouldn't wander too far away . Hahaha!! This is the lychee prawn that I made back in January. I used 12 shrimps, seasoning, some egg, cornflour, breadcrumbs and a can of lychee for this. It is very easy and fuss-free to make. First of all, mince the shrimps till it turn into a paste. Add some pepper, shaoxing wine and salt to taste. Then stuff the paste into the lychee. Coat the stuffed lychees with cornflour, followed by beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Then fry till golden brown. I served this with some mayonnaise-based sauce. I feel that as snacks, these are nice but not so suitable as a dish in any main meal. 







This is how it looks like on the inside.












0 love(s):

 

Reflection of Life... © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner