The new pressure cooker has been sitting at one corner of my kitchen for few months before I start using it the other day. I have wanted to use it since I got it but I have no time to go through the user manual/instructions. The main purpose why I want to get a pressure cooker as part of my pots collection is for dumpling-making. I have been making dumplings(bak zhang) for 2 years using normal pot and it takes like forever to get them cooked. So I purposely sourced for a pressure cooker so that I can prepare my dumpling in a much shorter timeframe. But my plan to use the pressure cooker to cook dumpling this year did not materialised as it turned out that I don't have the time to make dumplings this year.
But I did make use of the pressure cooker last Monday to braised some pork + hard-boiled eggs. The pork's texture was tender but the downside is that it does not absorb the flavour. The pork turned out to be quite bland. The next day, I heat it in my wok and voila, the result is just superb. The flavour has infused into the pork meat. I tried to look for the photos of the braised pork + hard-boiled eggs to be uploaded here but I couldn't find any. I guess I have forgotten to take pictures of the dishes.
0 love(s):
Post a Comment