This is supposed to be an entry on 2014's Winter Solstice Festival but I only manage to post this up almost towards the end of January 2015. At least I post it up -*wink* *wink* Better late than never....
No recipe is provided in this entry as I think everyone should know how to make tangyuan as it is so easy. Basically you just need glutinous rice flour and water for the dumpling's skin and some colouring, either artificial or natural. As for me, I always prefer to use natural colouring. For the fillings, there are so many varieties to choose from, be it the more traditional type or the more recently developed flavours like chocolate paste and fruit jam. The fillings does not necessarily need to be sweet. It can be savoury as well.
This year, I decided to make something different from the normal colourful tangyuans that I have been making all these while. I started off with these cute pandas in brown sugar syrup.
Then I moved on to these marble-look-alike tangyuans.
Finally, I ended the tangyuan making marathon with these cute little beauties. I like this soup base the most. This time, I made a ginger-palm sugar soup base with some dried longans. As the weather was quite cold during the end of the year, eating this definitely provided some comfort.











0 love(s):
Post a Comment