This is my first entry after a long hiatus. My last entry before this was in October 2012. Wow! That was like ages ago. There are many important milestones during my hibernation period that I wish to record down so that I can go through them when I grow older.
First thing first. Introducing the latest baby in the house; Baby Chloe. I gave birth to Chloe on 14 October 2012. She said hello to the world 1 day earlier than my EDD, just like her 2 elder sisters. I really waited till the last minute before going to the hospital. I started to feel the contractions since midnight. But I still asked hubby to go to work that morning. It was a Saturday, and yes, he works on Saturdays. I still prepared lunch and dinner like normal. But by the time I prepared dinner, the pain was really intense that I have to get a chair to sit down in between cooking. I was actually struggling already. I wanted to call hubby but then don't know why I abandoned the idea. I told myself that he is coming back soon. I served the girls their dinner and bathed them. I was thinking to eat first instead of waiting to eat with hubby like I normally do, in case the baby really is coming out soon,. I don't want to missed meal like what happened when I gave birth to the eldest. I missed breakfast, lunch and only had very late light dinner at night. In the end, I waited to eat with hubby. That proves to be a very wrong decision. By the time hubby is back, my contraction is really bad and at very short interval. So we were thinking like maybe we quickly have our dinner and then prepare to go to hospital. After a few spoons, hubby said maybe I shouldn't eat, in case I need to go for surgery. So, I end up missing my dinner this round as well. I think he doesn't know how intense is the contraction as he was like still taking his own sweet time. I really can't stand the pain already. So, I shouted at him to be quick. He quickly finished his dinner, took a shower, tuck the girls to bed, boiled red dates water to bring to the hospital. Then we quickly drove to the hospital at around 12.30am. When we reached, hubby asked whether do I need a wheelchair. Although the pain at this stage was already unbearable, I declined and I walked to the labour room with his support. When we reached the labour room, the nurses quickly do the initial examination. It was only then that I realised that my cervix is already 6cm dilated. One of the nurse, quickly gave a call to the doctor. The doctor thought that he was being called to attend to the next room lady who had came in quite sometime ago. The nurse told him that he is in fact needed here for me. The doctor had since the beginning of my pregnancy trying to brainwash me to opt for c-section. I had told him since the first time I went to see him that I am definitely going for vaginal birth. My first was through c-section. My second was a VBAC. The doctor told me that not necessary that if I have 1 successful VBAC, I will have subsequent successful VBAC. In the labour room, he still continued to mumble the same thing over and over again. Although my cervix had fully dilated, but the baby haven't descend. So the doctor asked me to push while he tried to vacuum and see whether the baby will descend or not. He said the vacuum still can't touch the baby's head as it has yet to descend. So if this doesn't work, then I have no choice but to go for c-section. I was pushing as hard as I could and finally the baby's head descended and the doctor vacuum her out.
I had very bad experience with c-section. So I tried to avoid for subsequent births. I was unable to move or sit up by myself for 2 weeks post surgery. By the end of the 1st month post surgery only I felt better. I have to care for Cheryl by myself when i gave birth to Celine and subsequently I have to care for 2 of them when I gave birth to Chloe. So, I told myself I can't go for c-section again. Else, I won't be able to care for them. I also have to work at home during my maternity leaves as there is nobody else in office that could do my job. I wouldn't be able to do all these if I can't get up during these period.
Then another problem crept up. The confinement lady that we hired can't come. She still have 1 week plus before she complete her current job. I am so angry with her. When we engaged her, there is a gap of 1 month plus between her latest assignment and me. So, it is very unlikely to clash. I think she took in another assignment. The first 2 weeks was the most difficult period that I have. Chloe was having very high jaundice. I have to travel to hospital very often and I did a lot of walking. I do not have enough rest. I also accompanied Chloe while she was hospitalised for jaundiced. I really regret hiring this useless confinement lady. During her stay with us, the house was so dirty. Everything and everywhere was so dirty that to clean up the place is a major task. There were sticky gravies and sauces all over the fridge. Not to mentioned the floor and sofa. I remembered hubby scolded Celine when he saw food stains on the sofa as he thought she was the one who dirty the place. But it was not Celine, as I saw that confinement lady sitting on that sofa having her meal while enjoying the tv in the afternoon. Cheryl and Celine would never have their meals on sofa. So, it can't be them. When she brings out rubbish from the kitchen, dirty liquid from the garbage bag will drip on the floor from kitchen to the dining hall and living hall all the way out of the door. She doesn't even take any initiative to wipe them away. This happens everyday till one day, hubby can't stand it anymore. He told her off and asked her to clean up if she is the one who makes the place dirty.
There was also a few times when hubby need to buy food for me from outside as the confinement lady can't do her work properly. She doesn't have proper planning. Chloe was having prolonged jaundice. So when the confinement lady came, she needs to bring Chloe to the hospital for her check-up. She was so surprised that she is the one who is supposed to go with hubby. It is not like we never gave her notice. Everytime when Chloe need to be sent to hospital for check-up, we would let her know a day earlier so she can plan her task properly. I remembered there was a time when I have nothing to drink and eat till she came back at almost 2pm. I was so hungry and thirsty. End up, hubby bought rice from the roasted pork shop for my lunch.
She was always talking on her phone. Even when my parents came to visit me, she locked herself and baby in the room talking on the phone. I am so angry with her. She is really crazy. My parents came from so far away, travelling on the road for 2 hours just to see the baby and the crazy lady just locked herself and the baby in the room. It is just so unacceptable. I was practically counting the days till she leave. When she left, I went to to her room's toilet to check. Gosh, the toilet is so dirty.the toilet bowl was not properly flushed. There were shit stains. The toilet is really very dirty.I really wonder how her house looks like. :-(


2 love(s):
she is an useless confinement lady. you should post it in somewhere public/forum so everyone knows
That was what I intended to do initially. But then after a while, my anger died down.
Post a Comment