I have actually wanted to make jicama/yam bean steamed buns but ended up with this unconventional sardine steamed buns. I have already mixed all the ingredients for yam bean steamed buns when I found out that my yam bean is spoilt. I tried to think of other fillings to substitute the yam bean but couldn't find any at home. I thought of peanuts buns but I have no stocks of it at home. Then I thought of making barbecued pork buns but I don't think I am able to defrost, marinate and cooked them in such a short notice. The only available ingredients that can be used as fillings is the can of sardine. Although unconventional and I think unheard of, they turned out quite nice.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Unconventional Chinese Steamed Buns
I have actually wanted to make jicama/yam bean steamed buns but ended up with this unconventional sardine steamed buns. I have already mixed all the ingredients for yam bean steamed buns when I found out that my yam bean is spoilt. I tried to think of other fillings to substitute the yam bean but couldn't find any at home. I thought of peanuts buns but I have no stocks of it at home. Then I thought of making barbecued pork buns but I don't think I am able to defrost, marinate and cooked them in such a short notice. The only available ingredients that can be used as fillings is the can of sardine. Although unconventional and I think unheard of, they turned out quite nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 love(s):
Post a Comment