
Lime trees that we bought from Carrefour. They were quite cheap. Only costs RM18.89 per pot.

Chinese New Year Mood
I would think that Chinese New Year is the busiest period of the year. You have to do spring cleaning and make biscuits on top of what you are already busy with everyday.
I did not make many biscuits and cookies this Chinese New Year as compared to the last CNY. I only made my signature pineapple tarts, conflakes peanut butter cookies, nescafe biscuits, mini spring rolls, chicken floss, nori crisps, suji biscuits, almond cookies, shallots strips and anchovies strips. The nescafe cookies were made from leftover doughs of the pineapple tarts.

This is the chicken floss that I made. Their physical appearance may deceive you. Although they don't look very nice, they are very tasty. They taste just like those that you bought from the store.

This is the cooking process. They have to be cooked in very low heat for a very long time till they turn to floss.

Anchovies Strips

Nori crisps!! Easy to make and very crispy...Will make this again next year..

Mini spring rolls.....

CNY delicacies

These are the pineapple tarts. Almost finish and today is only the fifth or sixth day of CNY.
4 love(s):
The lime trees are huge and cheap, some more they have many fruits -- be careful that Ern Rou might pluck the limes...
Someone bakes her SIGNATURE pineapple tarts wor...Haha anyway, they do taste really good and I kind of miss them!! Hmmm, apart from pineapple tarts, I don't think I've tasted any of your other delicacies that you mentioned in the post. You tried quite a few new recipes this year and they look delicious! Nori crisps look interesting, what are they?
Happy Chinese New Year!
Happy New Year to u too.
Nori is seaweed in Japanese. When I initially found out this recipe, it didn't cross my mind to try out this recipe. But, there were so many good review from other ppl that prompted me to try this out since I have all the ingredients at home. This turn out to be a good decision. Simple to make and nice to eat. The nori crisps were finished in just a few days.
The pineapple tart is the best.. The ones I made with mom at home is sweeter. hahaha :D But my arm pained for 2 days after baking 2 trays :S
i want more photos of kids :P
Post a Comment